How does your garden grow?

I'm on a voyage of discovery in my first garden.
It's mostly about the veggies at the moment but I'm also discovering lots about flowers and other plants - quite often the hard way and always on a very tight budget.
But this blog is not just about my garden, it's about all the things I see and discover in Sussex and beyond and I would love to hear from you too.

Saturday, 7 July 2012

Gardens Visit: High Beeches

 
The weather this summer has meant that I have not spent much time visiting gardens – instead I have been occupied with helping my own plot survive the deluge. 
I've not been 100% successful.
Although the main rhododendron season is over, there is plenty still to see at HighBeeches so I made a dash around the gardens while there was a break in the clouds.

Majestic cornus 

The wild flower meadow is still in full bloom, along with swathes of persicaria, wild orchids and late flowering rhododendrons, magnolias and azaleas.
My highlight of the garden at this time of the year, however, is the majestic cornus kousa tree which is in full bloom and just starting to turn pink at the top. It is visible from right across the garden and, even after all the rain, is still beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment