How does your garden grow?

I'm on a voyage of discovery in my first garden.
It's mostly about the veggies at the moment but I'm also discovering lots about flowers and other plants - quite often the hard way and always on a very tight budget.
But this blog is not just about my garden, it's about all the things I see and discover in Sussex and beyond and I would love to hear from you too.

Friday, 21 September 2012

Garden visit: Sir Harold Hillier

Well it seems I'm on a mini mission to see some Hampshire gardens while I'm working in the area and before winter sets in.
Yesterday was the turn of Sir Harold Hillier gardens near Romsey. It is owned by the county council and includes a memorial garden to murdered landscape architect Jo Yates, who used to work there.
It's a large and varied collection which includes a pinetum, herbaceous borders and hydrangea garden.
Here are the snaps I took on my phone...



















No comments:

Post a Comment